Hampton University Center for Information Technology
Quest Password Manager Registration Instructions
The Quest Password Manager is located at
- Enter your first name, last name, partial name, or Infotech username in the form entry box, then click 'Search.'
- If you have provided your InfoTech username, your account will likely be identified immediately, and you can skip this step. Otherwise, you will be presented with Search Results. Your Infotech username should appear in this list. If so, click on your username. In some cases there are too many possibilities. In this event, you will have to provide more information. First and last name will usually return the desired results.
- Click on 'Register with Password Manager' (this guide is for those who have not yet registered).
- Enter your current password and click 'Next.' If you do not
know your current password, please call the Helpdesk.
- Student Helpdesk - 757-728-6931
- Faculty/Staff Helpdesk - 757-727-5959
- You will now have to answer a series of questions. This is
your Questions and Answers Profile. Your future responses to these
questions will be used to authenticate you in the event that you
become locked out or forget your password.
- The first two questions are pre-selected. Provide an answer to each question.
- The third question is for you to choose from the select(dropdown) box. Select a question and provide an answer.
- The last question/answer pair is for you to create, it can be anything. Please create your question and provide an answer.
- When you are done creating and answering your questions, click 'Finish.'
If successful, you will see the following message:
"You have successfully registered with Password Manager. To continue, click one of the links below.