When a student arrives on the campus of Hampton University, he/she is provided access many services and resources. As such, each student is responsible for three primary accounts—an active directory account, a portal account, and a CMS/Blackboard account. We are attempting to ease the technology burden on each student by establishing a single account for access to all online services. This solution will combine the portal and CMS accounts. However the active directory account will still be needed to log into University computer labs.
- Hampton University Active Directory
- CIT provides every student and every employee with an Active Directory account. You will need this account to log into Windows-based campus computer labs. Your account and username are created automatically and must be activated before it can be used.
- HamptonYou! Portal Account (Formerly HUNet/Pipeline)
- CIT provides every student with a portal account. Your official campus email address is based on your portal account. This email address is used by instructors in the Classroom Management System. Your portal account gives you access to:
- Portal Services
- Banner Web
- Campus Communications
- Hampton University Blackboard Account
- Each student and faculty member is given a Blackboard account. You will need this account to the Course Management System used by most instructors to enhance course development and delivery.
- Account Activation and Termination
- After an account has been created, it must be activated before it is used.
Student's accounts are created automatically when they register for classes.
The account may not be available until the day after registration.
For accounts that have been created, but not yet activated, students must log in to a computer residing on the University network and belonging to the primary domain. Students may also appear in person with a photo ID at the ATM HelpDesk.
Students' accounts will be terminated one semester after a student leaves Hampton University. If a student leaves (voluntarily or otherwise) without completing the current semester, the student's account will be terminated immediately.
Creation and termination of student accounts happens automatically based on information from the Registrar. When a student does not register for classes for a particular semester, a termination date is set for the end of that semester. If the student doesn't register for the following semester, the termination date is reached and the account will no longer function. If the student does register for the following semester, the termination date is removed and the account continues to operate normally.
- Departmental Accounts
- Many departments on campus manage their own computer labs, mail servers and other computing resources. In order to make use of these resources, you will need to be issued an account by that department. To obtain a departmental account or to get help with an existing account, you will need to contact the Administrator for that department.